Fridge Freezer Stoke
Like anything, it is important to look after your fridge freezer. It's something that can easily be overlooked, but taking the time out of your day to perform a few tasks, can pay off in the long run. that's why here at Spectrum Services, we have rounded up everything you need to know from keeping things spotless, saving energy and making your food and money go that bit further!
Looking after your Fridge Freezer Stoke
Close the Door
It's a good idea to make sure that you don't keep the door open for longer than you need, as it can take around three to four minutes for a fridge freezer to regain its temperature. It's also a good idea to check the seals around the door regularly to see if any warm air is getting in - the seals should be tight enough to hold a piece of paper securely when the doors are closed.
Defrosting may seem like a chore, but it'll really help make your fridge freezer more energy efficient. You may have a model with auto defrost, but if not, keep an eye out for build-up. As a general rule of thumb, if the ice is more than 3-4cm thick, you should defrost it.
This is a simple job to do, just open your freezer door, place a small dish under the drain spout and put down a few thick towels around the dish, to prevent any spillages. You can leave it like this, or if you want to speed up the process, place bowls of hot water inside to help melt the ice.
In an ideal world, it is a good idea to clean your fridge at least once a week to keep everything hygienic and your food fresh and tasting its best.Cleaning your Fridge:
- Empty all the food out of the fridge, making sure to throw away any expired or spoiled foods.
- Take out any removable parts such as the shelves and accessories in order to reach all corners of the fridge. Wash all of these removable parts with soapy water and wash the interior surfaces with either a disinfecting spray or water with baking soda and vinegar.
- Dry and reassemble all the washed parts.
- Check the door seal is dry and lubricated with a few drops of oil to keep it soft.
- Empty out the freezer, putting all food in a cool bag to ensure that it doesn't defrost.
- Leave the door open for a few minutes to let any excess ice to melt.
- If needed, defrost the freezer.
- Fill a spray bottle with warm water and vinegar in equal parts and spray over the interior walls, gently rubbing with a sponge of soft cloth.
- Ensure that you dry the sides of the freezer before putting your food back onto the shelves. It's also a good idea to make sure that the freezer temperature has returned to -18c.
How Can I Keep My Fridge Freezer Stoke as Fresh as Possible?
To ensure that your fridge freezer is kept smelling as fresh as possible, simply pop a deodoriser in your fridge. This will absorb any bad odours and your fridge will be free of them for up to 3 months. You can also pop a piece of lemon in there and it'll do the same job!
No more worrying about your mature cheeses, garlic sauce and fresh fish - their unwanted odours will no longer linger around!
Stocking Your Fridge
Whilst a well-stocked fridge can be more energy-efficient, an over-packed fridge isn’t. Make sure that your fridge has good circulation and isn’t overloaded, so it won’t have to work so hard to keep the temperature down.
As a rule of thumb, use the first-in, first-out rule to ensure nothing lingers too long. Also, ensure cheeses, cooked meats and sandwiches are kept at the top of the fridge. Any raw meat should also be kept well covered and at the bottom of the fridge.
Are you in Need of a New Fridge Freezer in Stoke?
If you are trying to look after your fridge freezer and keep it in the best condition, yet it still isn’t working at its best, it may be time for a new one. Here at Spectrum Services, we stock a range of Fridge Freezers in Stoke, and it is our goal to help make purchasing your brand-new fridge freezer as easy as possible. Our expert team have years of experience and will be able to answer any of your queries snd help you find the fridge freezer in Stoke perfect for your home.